Universally people come in to see me because they are feeling bad about something. Feeling “bad” I tell them is like have a brown paper bag with something crawling in it; you are not sure what it is, only “bad”. I keep suggesting it might be a puppy? But they never think so.
Whether the client comes because they want to get over their EX, lose weight, feel motivated, have success, stop smoking, whatever; the real bottom line is that they all want to be HAPPY! If only I were thinner, in love, had a better job… a million different answers all leading to, then I would be happy. All of the “if only’s” seem only to pathways, attributes leading to a place called, happy. So what is happiness, where is it found?
Maybe happy is Inner peace; a satisfaction with being present, fulfilled, content in this moment of time. Happiness is perhaps a void, a place without rather than with something. Perhaps happy is a place without disturbance …
What’s happy for you? Following is copied from an unsigned internet piece, do you thing this is happiness? Drop me a note; I’m curious.
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favourite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake … (or vanilla … or strawberry!)
12. A bubble bath.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach
16. Finding a 20-pound note in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Eye contact with a hot member of the opposite sex.
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful/good looking.
23. Laughing at an inside joke.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies (and eating them…!).
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38. Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
40. Watching the expression on someone’s face as they open a much-desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you’ve done the right thing, no matter what other people think.